Everyone needs a little help occasionally, and a virtual assistant often fits the bill, stepping in to fill the gap.
Whether it is booking tickets for vacations or paying bills that are almost overdue or answering emails, the job opportunities are infinite.
The greatest part? You can do it all right from the comfort of your home.
If this sounds like a great career opportunity, here is some more information you can use to get started on this business in no time at all.
What kind of tasks do virtual assistants do?
Practically any kind of job can be outsourced today thanks to the internet making it easy for folks in far flung places to communicate and share information in minutes.
So if you are a tax whiz, you can offer virtual assistance to small business owners or individuals to do their tax time tasks for them.
That would mean you find out how much they owe, you fill out forms and even help them file the returns.
If you have experience in the Human Resources department of a company, businesses may like to hire you to whet the credentials of their prospective employees.
Even if you lack work experience, there are tons of tasks you can do.
What about taking calls for someone when they are out of the country? Or sorting medical bills and papers for people who find it confusing and difficult to do it? How about managing household payments for elderly people who are no longer able to do it all themselves efficiently.
The list is virtually infinite.
Set up costs
The thing about a virtual assistant business is that the set up costs depend on what the kind of tasks you want to take up, to some extent.
For example, as a virtual assistant for your elderly client who needs his tax forms filled out, all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
In fact, there are many such tasks you can take up with just these two at hand.
Set up costs are minimal if you already have these at home.
That said, it is a great idea to invest in a website to promote your virtual assistant business.
You can do it yourself if you are proficient otherwise hire, someone, to set up a basic WordPress site for you.
You can hire a designer for as low as $600 to create an attractive site.
If you are using a template design from your website, all it takes is a few dollars.
Factor in these costs if you really want your business to grow rapidly because the internet is the most cost-effective and speedy way to reach an incredibly large audience.
Keep in mind that as a virtual assistant you have clients anywhere across the globe so making sure you can reach every market is actually a sound business investment if the services you offer have global relevance.
The advantages of setting up a virtual assistant business
- Flexibility to work at any time of your convenience.
- Choice of tasks to undertake.
- The option to create a business opportunity out of virtually any skill that you possess
- Have as many clients or as few as you can manage with ease
- Scale up your business as much as you can
Ideas you can use to your clientele
• Use your contacts: Networking with people lets you spread the word about your services around the neighborhood so that people who have a need can get in touch with you.
Keep in touch with old friends and acquaintances on a regular basis, maintain great relationships with your neighbors to make sure you have many brand ambassadors out on the road, so to speak.
• Cold call prospective clients: You know of an elderly couple living nearby who find it troublesome to get all their bill payments done; you can call them and offer your services.
This is one way you can use cold calling to get new clients for your business.
If you are calling business owners, do not get discouraged by the rather curt response you may get from some of them.
Remember that they get sales calls all the time.
• Use social media: Put up blog posts about how virtual assistance can help, link to them from your social media channels to highlight need and showcase that you have a solution.
You can get your social media buddies to share your content and links too.
• Use internet platforms: Platforms like Upwork act as a bridge between people who need stuff done and people who do them.
Sign up on such sites to make finding clients a trouble free process.
The great thing about this is that you are not limited to people that you know or people from your neighborhood.
You can find clients who are located on the other side of the world which mean you are gaining exposure to an entirely new marketplace!.